Macduff is probably plotting with that traitor, Malcolm. I care not. They cannot touch me! The witches predicted that I shall not be killed until Birnam Woods comes to Dunsinane! Who can move a forest? I am safe.
Banquo has quit my conscience. I am glad I am not plaugued with such dreams any more. I can prove to my lady that I am indeed a man.
I have no qualms about killing now. I shall dispose of anyone who dares to speak against me, just like I did with Banquo and Macduff's family. I shall have ears everywhere, to tell me who plots against me. I am King Macbeth!
My attendants tell me my lady is not well. She is weak, like I was weak at the beginning, but now I am stronger. I will call a doctor to cure her. I do not have the time to see her condition myself. Her sickness may infect me again, and besides, I have a rebellion to shut down. My reports tell me Malcolm is coming back to fight me. Ha! He shall not kill me; I know he was born of woman. Who do I have to fear?
I will not die in this battle. It will only prove my strength as King of Scotland. The English cannot bring the woods to this castle!
Each day brings words that the Thanes leave me. I would kill the traitors, but I cannot spare the men. Each day brings the English closer and I must build my defenses. They can join the English. I will just kill them on the battlefield.
I will kill Malcolm, Macduff and Donalbain. Then I will return to my lady, victorious and she will be cured. She will see there are no longer any opponets and our reign will be secured. Our minds can then be at ease. I must prepare fo battle!
Damn it all! Even as I write, the woods come to Dunsinane! Now part of the witches prediction has come. Will I die in this battle? Only a man not born of woman can kill me... I would fly and discover not the truth in the witches' prophecy, but the woods surround us. Let them come!
The womens' wailing are sharp daggers in my head. Will they not cease?! My wife is dead by her own hand, but I do not have the time to mourn for her. Oh my Lady!
We go to battle now. If I write again, I am victorious. If I cometh not again, then the cursed man has found me and slain me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment